What are the Best Leg Exercises for a Strong Base
Legs are the base of our body and they are also the locomotory organ of our body. But while working out in the gym we don’t train our legs and it becomes weaker. Legs are the most important part of our body and we should train them in the gym or at home for maintaining better fitness. Here we suggest you the best leg exercises of all time which you can do in the gym or at home.
Best leg exercises of all time
As we all know that squats are the father of all leg exercises. None of the exercises is better than squats. There is no substitution of squats in the list of leg workouts. These exercises are also the part of best leg workouts for men and women. Specific squats like Goblet Squats, Pistol Squats, Sumo squats, Front Squats, Split Squats etc. are the leg workouts for women.
How to do squats (Best Leg Exercises)
- Starting position: open the feet at shoulder height, place the back straight and the torso forward. Keep the back aligned and arms raised as you go down.
- It is important to try to lower the maximum of our strength and flexibility so that the work is complete, but without damaging the muscles.
- This exercise not only shapes and strengthens the legs and buttocks but also works the abdominals, which are used to support the body throughout the movement.
It is a tremendous exercise which tones and strengthens our legs as well as it is the best exercise suggested for the lower back. I personally like deadlift very much. There is also a variant of deadlift which is known as Romanian deadlift.
How to do Deadlift (Best Leg Exercises)
The exercise is to go down to pick up a bar and get back on your feet.
- You must push your hips back while maintaining the squat position and keep the bar as close as possible to the shins.
- Keep your muscles tight, especially the glutes.
- Lift weight through the heels, keeping your back straight at all times.
- Precaution: Never allow the shoulders to be thrown forward: if the back is curved, you can suffer an injury.
3. Side Lunges
It is one of the best exercise suggested by trainers for legs. This exercise can be done by beginners and to increase the efficiency you can add weights. This exercise trains your quadriceps muscle of legs.
How to do Side Lunges (Best Leg Exercises)
- Stand with your legs together, hands on your waist and your back and head straight.
- Move sideward one of the feet and flex both legs little by little, until forming an angle of 90 degrees.
- Hold that position for 2 or 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same process, advancing the other foot now.
4. Step Ups
This is one of those leg workouts which we can do at home as well as in the gym, that’s why it is here at the list of best leg workouts.
How to do Step Ups (Best Leg Exercises)
- Stand upright, with your back and head straight, and place one foot on the step.
- Then raise the whole body until the leg of the step is completely straight and the one on the ground is in the air.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same with the other leg.
This exercise is specially designed for women. This exercise usually trains the abs, buttocks and thigh. Bridges help training your hamstring muscle.
How to do Bridges (Best Leg Exercises)
- Lie on a mat on your back and bend your knees, with your feet flat on the floor.
- Then lift the pelvis slowly, until you get to make a straight bridge.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Repeat 30 times. Do the exercise three times.
Recommendations for the routine of best leg exercises
- Follow a diet with foods rich in protein. In addition to exercising the muscle, we must nourish it.
- Perform the exercises 3 times a week, to recover and rest the muscles.
- You must do two to three sets of each exercise, and include small breaks between one exercise and another.
- Before starting you can walk or run for 5 or 10 minutes to have the muscles prepared.
- Stretches the muscles once the exercises are finished to avoid injuries.
- If you have not been to the gym for a long time, do the exercises little by little.
Also read: Top 6 foods to gain muscles
Other important considerations
- To tone your legs and make them look firm and defined, it is important to work them continuously.
- You can do the exercises in your own home or go to the gym: there is no excuse for not doing them.
- If you are constant and disciplined you will achieve excellent results from the first month of training.
- Remember that it is essential to take care of the diet, add protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as whole grains.
- Drink water or fruit juices without sugar.
- Everything depends on your perseverance and your willpower, if you want to achieve it, you can achieve it!
Also read: Motivation to train and lose weight
Hope you like our post. Give necessary suggestion in the comments box which you think these should be added to the post. Your suggestion will motivate me to write more. Keep visiting!