Indian Keto Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Hello everyone, we are going to tell you about Indian Keto diet for weight loss.
Why are we telling you about this ketogenic diet? Many of our readers emailed us to suggest an Indian keto Diet chart which is good to lose weight. We researched a lot found that keto diet (low carb high-fat diet) is good for weight loss which is trending. Although keto diet is also used as a treatment for epilepsy and for diabetes.
So before going to tell you a sample diet chart of keto diet for weight loss goal, we should know some points about ketogenic diet which is LCHF diet. This ketogenic diet is much healthier than other diets like Dukan diet and Atkin diet.
What is Keto Diet?
The keto or ketogenic diet is one that induces a process in our body called ketosis, that is the production of ketone bodies.
It is essential to reduce the maximum proportion of carbohydrates, the nutrient that represents the main source of energy in our diet. In this way, the body is forced to use fat as an energy source, both those we consume and those stored in our body.
A slight restriction in the liquids generates an increase in the concentration of the ketonic bodies, this effect can be very beneficial for the organism. To check the diet, the state of the ketosis in the urine is checked, which must be moderately strong.
You should also read : How to get motivation to lose weight fast?
How does the Indian Keto Diet Works?
The Indian version of ketogenic diet works by reducing the carbohydrates content in the food and by increasing the amount of fat and protein percentage in the diet chart. It is a low-calorie diet plan to lose weight bybtaking proper nutrition.
Since Indian meals are carbohydrate-rich so it is can be the little bit difficult to fit in the keto plan. But we can add this plan to our daily diet by including some vegetables and food which are rich in protein. This practice will also help you to attain healthy weight for which you are searching on the internet for many weight loss exercises and other weight loss diets to follow. The keto diet also helps in regulating the insulin secretion (hormone) in your body which will help you with diabetes treatment.
How ketogenic diet help in weight loss?
Normally we eat carbohydrates constantly in our diet and several times a day, excess carbohydrates and sugars in the diet cause the body to adapt to always use the glucose supplied as an energy source and fats are still stored and not used.
With this diet what is intended is to put to work the fats that we have accumulated as the main source of energy thanks to the process of ketosis that we have just explained.
There are studies that show that fats are a slower energy source but more effective than carbohydrates. Each gram of carbohydrates becomes 4 kilocalories of energy, while each gram of fat becomes 9 kilocalories.
You should also read: Carbohydrates sources which you should avoid while Keto
A sample of 7 Day Indian Vegetarian Keto Diet Meal Plan
This Indian low carbohydrate Keto meal plan for weight loss is made by keeping the lifestyle of Indians in mind. Anyone can follow this diet plan for weight loss. There are necessary food habits which you should add to your daily routine to make it more effective.
Food habits to change are as follows :
- Eat less chapattis in your daily diet.
- Eat less amount of sugar because it is a major source of carbohydrates.
- Always drink fresh fruit juices, don’t go for packed juices.
- You should eat green vegetables, root vegetables & fruits because it provides you vitamins and minerals which are less in calorie and adequate for body requirements.
Indian Keto Diet for Vegetarians
The ketogenic diet for vegetarians should include a wide variety of foods and should not exceed 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. Next, I leave you an example for seven days, which you can vary from week to week.
Day -1 Monday
- Breakfast: Tofu and Strawberry Smoothie.
- Lunch: Cauliflower Pakora.
- Dinner: A piece of spinach omelette with walnut crust and a plate of vegetables.
Day – 2 Tuesday
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with Fruit.
- Lunch: Spicy Black Bean Soup with a Green Salad
- Dinner: Cauliflower with baked cheese (gratin), broccoli with garlic and tomato salad.
Day – 3 Wednesday
- Breakfast: A piece of Indian frittata with spinach and mushrooms.
- Lunch: Cooked lentils and salad with tomato, onion, mixed leaves and cheese cubes.
- Dinner: A piece of eggplant with spinach paste.
- Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter.
- Lunch: Chickpeas with onions, carrots and cucumber in strips with hummus sauce and a handful of nuts.
- Dinner: A piece of vegetable omelette, accompanied by mixed salads.
- Breakfast: Omelette with vegetables, fried in olive oil.
- Lunch: ¾ cups of whole-grain noodles, accompanied by vegetable salad.
- Dinner: Chili style beans with cream cheese, cheese
- Breakfast: Coffee and chocolate smoothie (uses soy milk and cocoa powder).
Lunch: Fried cheese with spicy beans and avocado.
- Dinner: Vegetable and chapatti and a plate of assorted salad.
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with beans and avocado.
- Lunch: Red Channa Salad, Stirred lady finger with peanuts, Salad (Mushrooms, spinach, capsicum, stir-fried in olive oil and butter)
- Dinner: Cream and mushroom, Cheese Pakora, Cauliflower with coconut milk.
|Monday||Tofu and Strawberry Smoothie.||Cauliflower Pakora.||A piece of spinach omelette with walnut crust and a plate of vegetables.|
|Tuesday||Oatmeal with Fruit.||Spicy Black Bean Soup with a Green Salad||Cauliflower with baked cheese (gratin), broccoli with garlic and tomato salad.|
|Wednesday||A piece of Indian frittata with spinach and mushrooms.||Cooked lentils and salad with tomato, onion, mixed leaves and cheese cubes.||A piece of eggplant with spinach paste.|
|Thursday||2 slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter.||Chickpeas with onions, carrots and cucumber in strips with hummus sauce and a handful of nuts.||A piece of vegetable omelette, accompanied by mixed salads.|
|Friday||Omelette with vegetables, fried in olive oil.||¾ cups of whole-grain noodles, accompanied by vegetable salad.||Chili style beans with cream cheese, cheese|
|Saturday||Coffee and chocolate smoothie (uses soy milk and cocoa powder).||Fried cheese with spicy beans and avocado.||vegetable and chapatti and a plate of assorted salad.|
|Sunday||Fried eggs with beans and avocado.||Red Channa Salad, Stirred lady finger with peanuts, Salad (Mushrooms, spinach, capsicum, stir-fried in olive oil and butter)||Cream and mushroom, Cheese Pakora, Cauliflower with coconut milk.|
Tips for Vegetarian Keto Diet
- Create an optimal ketogenic diet plan: For this, you will have to read a lot about it and get the materials you need to start. Become an expert in the ketogenic diet!
- After you get used to your body to this new intake of ketogenic food, you should implement an exercise routine. It is best to do daily exercise after a month of doing this diet. In this way, you avoid complications and problems!
- Do not forget to consult with a doctor or specialist in the area to know how to make the diet keto. Remember that it is a diet that can bring enough complications if it is not done correctly.
- If you are a person who is taking diabetes medications such as insulin, you can not follow this diet. The same point applies to women who are breastfeeding, and who need medication for blood pressure.
- Rethink the keto diet again if you stop losing weight with it. This diet can be quite changeable!
Recommendations to keep in on Indian Ketogenic Diet
- Be calm and do not give up – Reducing weight with the ketogenic diet is possible and is within your reach. But patience is essential while having this or any other diet for weight loss.
- Do not cheat and be quite consistent with this particular diet. If you overdose carbohydrates or if you do not follow the diet, surely you will not get the results you expect.
- Do not stop monitoring your progress with the ketogenic diet. In this way, you will not only lose weight but also improve your quality of life and live more healthily.
- Get a person who does not let you skip meals and to which you have to give accounts best support comes from friends and family. Support will give you the motivation to continue your journey of losing weight. That way you’ll be safe!
- Drink plenty of water, this does not provide calories or carbohydrates to the body, so it is perfect. Keep your body really hydrated!
You should also read: Exercises to remove fat from tummy while on this Diet
Advantages of Indian Ketogenic Diet
At this point of the game, you should be asking yourself what are the benefits of the ketogenic diet? Well, the time has come to know them. If you want to know the reasons why you should opt for this diet, then do not stop reading.
- Weight Loss: It turns your body into a fat burning machine. This is because ketosis helps burn the fat that accumulates in the body. Insulin levels fall dramatically and, therefore, fat does not tend to accumulate. This makes it possible to lose fat, without going hungry.
Many scientific studies show that, compared to other diets, the ketogenic diet is ideal for losing weight in a healthy and more effective way.
- Diabetes Type 2 reversal: A ketogenic diet is excellent for reversing type 2 diabetes because it lowers blood sugar levels and the negative impact of high insulin levels.
- Improve Mental Concentration: Ketosis results in a constant flow of fuel (ketones) to the brain. And in a ketogenic diet prevents large changes in blood sugar. This causes the concentration to increase and the headaches to decrease.This often results in the experience of increased concentration and improved concentration. Many people specifically use keto diets for greater mental performance.
Note: There is a misperception that the consumption of a large amount of carbohydrates is necessary for the proper function of the brain. But this is only true when ketones are not available.
- The Increase in Physical Resistance: By giving you constant access to all the energy in your fat stores, the body’s supply of stored carbohydrates (glycogen) will only last a couple of hours of intense exercise or less. However, fat reserves carry enough energy to last easily for weeks or even months.When it adapts to the burning of carbohydrates its stores of fat are not readily available, and can not feed your brain.In a ketogenic diet, this problem is solved. As the body and brain can be fed 24/7 by their powerful own fats, they can be very energetic throughout the day. The first few days may be weak, but as time goes on you will see that it will change.
- Metabolic Syndrome: There are many studies that show that low carbohydrate diets improve metabolic syndrome markers such as blood lipids, insulin levels, HDL-cholesterol, LDL and blood sugar levels.It has been shown that the improvements are even greater when carbohydrates and proteins are restricted to a point of always being in nutritional ketosis.Therefore it is good to use Indian Keto Diet for weight loss, but it can have side effects which are discussed below:
Hazards and Side Effects of Keto Diet Plan India
However, it is undeniable that the diet has several dangers or side effects to consider. These disadvantages or dangers and side effects of the Indian Keto Diet can be:
- Mild headaches and flu-like symptoms These usually appear two or three days after starting this regimen.
- Leg cramps.
- A little confusion
- Bad breath
How to avoid these effects in Indian Vegetarian Ketogenic diet?
These effects can be counteracted if a lot of water is consumed. Remember that this factor is also very important because water is the best friend in diets. It will allow your body to absorb as many nutrients as your body needs.
Also, if the diet is accompanied keto with vitamins and with a measured decrease in carbohydrates. If you change drastically your way of feeding yourself, it is better to do it progressively Do not fall in the extremes and you will see that this diet can be very good and it will be your best option!
5 Very effective solutions to eliminate side effects
- Drink enough liquid and get enough salt- If you feel dry mouth, which often happens when you have just started a strict low carb diet and enter ketosis, it means that you have less saliva to kill the bacteria. This can result in bad breath, so be sure to drink enough.
- Maintain good oral hygiene- Brushing your teeth twice a day will not stop the fruity smell of the keto (which comes from the lungs), but at least it will not mix with other odours.
- Use a breath freshener- This can mask the odour of the keto and wait for one or two weeks (This bad smell, 90% of the cases, only lasts 2 weeks while the body adapts).
- Reduce the degree of ketosis- If an odour is a long-term problem and you want to get rid of it, the easy way to do it is to reduce the degree of ketosis. This means eating a little more carbohydrates, 50-70 grams per day is enough to get out of ketosis.
- Another option is to eat 50-70 grams of carbohydrates per day and add a little intermittent fasting. With this, we can achieve the same effect as a diet low in carbohydrates and low in sugars, but without the smell.
Foods for Weight Loss to eat in the keto diet
We already know that what ketogenic diet consists of now its time to learn which foods we should consider in keto diet chart plan. A healthy keto diet consists of that food which provides energy without increasing carbohydrates in the body. It is very important to pay attention to this as it is precise to keep low carbohydrate levels.
Foods which we should take in Keto Diet
All allowable foods provide an approximate 5% carbohydrate to the body. If you become addicted to all these foods, rest assured that you will reduce those extra pounds to reduce belly fat. Do not stop doing the test!
Healthy fats which should be considered on weight loss keto diet
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Sugar-free and low-fat mayonnaise
- Chicken fat
- Red Palm Oil
- Low-fat butter
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
Eggs and Cheese Food Products for Weight Loss
- Milk cream
- Cottage cheese
- Sugar-free yogurt
Spices which we should consider in weight loss program
- Black Peppers
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander seeds
Vegetables to add to your diet while on Keto
- Green peas
- All the green vegetables you can find
Prohibited Foods which should not be in your keto diet
You should avoid foods rich in carbohydrates, fruits rich in sugar, and processed foods, if you do this you can cut down in a way you never thought! Your Indian Keto recipes should not have an excess of salts and peppers
Therefore, it can be made passable to carry out this diet if you have a balanced and exceptional menu. Do the test! Remember that the best way to achieve results needs to be quite strict. Let’s see an example menu that can help you.
Foods rich in sugar and starch that we should avoid.
- Ice Creams
- Alcoholic drinks
Questions and Answers on Indian Keto Diet
How much weight have you lost on the Indian keto diet?
It depends on person to person some can lose 10 to 15 Kgs in a short period of time while you can also take an example of Anant Ambani. It depends on your dedication and the exercise regime which you are following while on Indian Keto Diet chart plan for weight loss.
How to plan a Keto diet for a working Indian professional?
By systematically organising your diet plan and exercise regime according to their schedule and the daily calorie intake. Knowing their choice either they are vegetarian or non-vegetarian because it helps in selecting keto recipe for the person. And the diet plan and exercise plan should be followed strictly.
Can I eat paneer while on Indian Keto Diet Plan?
Yes, you can eat paneer while on a keto diet. There are also other milk products which you can use cream cheese or cheese cream. You should eat keto foods which are suggested by nutritionists and dieticians. Bullet Coffee is also suggested while on keto.
Is a ketogenic diet good for weight loss?
Yes, it is a good option for weight loss but there are also other weight loss plans which you should take into consideration like Atkins Diet, Paleo Diet, GM Diet etc. There are so many weight loss tips which you should add to your daily routines such as green teas and lemon tea for fat loss.
Hope you have liked our post on Vegetarian Keto Diet for Indians. If you have any doubts regarding this weight loss diet feel free to ask questions in the comment box.